We're growing and we're looking for some smart, hard-working, ambitious nice folk to join us...
Wordnerds are an award-winning tech startup with huge ambitions to create the best text analysis platform in the world.
90% of the world’s data was produced in the last two years and there are no signs of it slowing down. Of all the data out there, the vast majority is in the form of words which, unlike numbers, are difficult to process and understand in bulk.
Wordnerds combines cutting-edge AI with old-school linguistics to train computers to understand the huge volume of unstructured text that is currently invisible to most companies. We make sense of the millions of tweets, emails, webchats, online reviews, CRM-entries, forum posts and survey results written about - and by - big brands and their competitors.
It’s a hugely exciting time for us right now. Following our first raise in June 2019 we’re growing faster than our projections and we’re looking for SDRs, not only to join the team but to be invested in what’s set to be a challenging and incredibly rewarding journey. We need someone who’s in it for the long haul, to grow and learn with us. :)
What you’ll do
Our SDRs are a vital part of our Sales Team, responsible for identifying and nurturing prospects with the end goal of creating qualified sales opportunities in target sectors for our Business Development Team.
We’re not fussed about how many calls or emails you make/send a day, we care about booking good quality discovery calls/meetings with prospective customers who have a genuine need for our platform and have a tried and tested system for getting them, which we can teach you.
Your role will involve:
- Performing engaging outreach and building a sales pipeline by engaging with potential customers via phone, email, Linkedin Sales Navigator etc.
- Researching target industries and company structures (usually enterprise) to identify key decision makers and influencers in organisations who have a need for our services
- Understand our platform inside-out and how we help each of our customers
- Working with Wordnerds’ marketing function to develop outreach and marketing campaigns
- Managing data of prospective clients in our CRM system
- Providing in depth information to the Business Development Team to enable productive discovery sessions With qualified targets.
- Sharing your ideas and feedback - you’ll be our fresh pair of eyes and a valuable member of our tight and growing team
We’re interested in getting the right type of person in this role and so previous experience in sales is by no means essential. Whether you’re a recent graduate or have a wealth of experience under your belt, we’re looking for someone with the following skills/traits:
- Team player - our Sales Team works together towards shared goals with shared incentives. We don’t care who identified or closed the deal, our commission structure rewards the team together for hitting targets and driving our growth
- Good with people - this role involves speaking to people you haven’t met before
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive attitude, open-minded, willing to learn and demonstrable ability to deal with rejection (we’re not in the business of spamming, or hassling people with no interest in what we do, rather we research thoroughly people we know need us and pursue them respectfully; still, a degree of scepticism/bad timing is to be expected)
- Self-motivated, organised, resilient, persistent and able to work independently
- Entrepreneurial flair, creative with an embrace for learning
- Nice people: we’re a tight team with a great culture and a commitment to inclusion and diversity. If you’re not friendly, interested in others, canny and open-minded, this probably isn’t for you
Working at Wordnerds
We have an amazing team, we look after each other and don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re based in a lush office in Proto and surrounded by exciting businesses working in emerging technology. Some of us do yoga at lunchtimes (getting “zen AF”), some of us play pool or fussball. As well as this, we offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and an extra day for every two years you work with us up to a maximum of 30 days
- Flexible working hours
- Home and office working
- Competitive salary with commission
- Social budget
- Training budget
If you think you fit the bill we'd love to hear from you. :)
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please note, we're not working with recruitment agencies so please only contact us if you're looking to apply for the role. :)