In BusinessCloud's August 2019 ranking of the North East's most exciting technology companies top 50 rankings, Wordnerds have been placed 5th.
As the new kids on the block, we were delighted to make the list at all and, frankly, flabbergasted to be placed so highly and sandwiched in between such innovative and established companies as Atom Bank, NBS and SalesCycle, to name but a few.
You can see the full 50 rankings list here.
As proud residents of Proto, Gateshead's Emerging Technology Centre we share the excitement expressed by Rachel Burdis, Tech Sector Lead at Gateshead Council, at the number of companies that made the list from south of the Tyne.
The final rankings were decided by a combination of choices by a judging panel and the general public, with 1,700 public votes registered.
The judging panel was comprised of:
- Jamie Hardesty, Entrepreneur Engagement Manager, Tech Nation;
- Paul Lancaster, Founder and Director, Plan Digital;
- Herb Kim, Founder, Thinking Digital;
- Jim Mawdsley, CEO, Generator;
- Laura Richards, Head of Communications, Sunderland Software City;
- Deb McGargle, Chief Legal Officer, SeedLegals;
- Dawn Dunn, Cluster Manager for Fintech/Data, Dynamo;
- Stuart Lynn, Founder, TechNorthEast;
- Alexis Long, Programme Manager, Ignite; and
- Jonathan Symcox, Editor, BusinessCloud
Our Director of Linguistics, Steve Erdal comments, "it's an amazing litany of brilliant and innovative companies, it's an honour to be alongside them all."
We are incredibly grateful for, and encouraged by, all of the support we continue to receive from the Northeast tech sector. Thanks very much indeed to everyone who voted for us.
To follow our journey across the startup landscape, and beyond - follow us on Twitter @word_nerdy, LinkedIn and Instagram